4 Healthy After-Dinner Habits + Breakfast Recipe
Ever-rising on my list of priorities is a healthy self-care practice. I find that if I can make a little time at the beginning and end of each day for me, I feel more grounded, vibrant and as strange as it sounds, like time actually expands. My night time ritual includes these four things to help me unwind from the day and feel ready for the next.
- Drink Tea – Tea is both comforting and hydrating. I like to heat up with a cup of hot water with one teaspoon of coconut oil and dash of cayenne pepper. It helps to curb those after dinner sugar cravings.
- Take a bath – Water is extremely therapeutic and grounding and salt helps us to clear energy and relax our muscles. Add 3 tablespoons of Epsom Salt to your bath and decompress from the day.
- Use Essential Oils – Lathering on the lavender essential oil will help you sleep deeply and peacefully. I like to place one drop on my wrists and belly button and rub a few drops to the bottoms of my feet.
- Make Breakfast – If you’re like me, you go to sleep excited to wake up for breakfast the next morning. I try to experiment with different breakfast foods to help entice me out of bed and this Chia Pudding always does the trick.
- 1 cup coconut milk (or altnernative milk of your choice)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tbs slivered almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- option to add 1 tsp honey, maple syrup or coconut nectar, but trust me it doesn’t need it
Combine ingredients, stir, and let sit for 4 hours / overnight.
If you’ve had a tough day, these 4 practices can really help you leave it behind. And if you had a great day, well then this will just be the cherry on top.
What is apart of your bedtime ritual? I’d love to hear in the comments below.