415 Top 5 – Coffee Shops
By: Nalina A.
I’m somewhat of a coffee addict and living in a city like San Francisco makes that habit especially more fun. We live in a city where Starbucks is the fast food of coffee shops, and while that’s a bit crazy, I kind of love it. Here are my 5 favorite places to get a brew (the non alcoholic kind).
- La Boulange: You’ve seen La Boulange in every neighborhood and it’s a solid place to get great coffee no matter where you are in San Francisco. I always pair my latte with one of their almond croissants which are the best I’ve had to date. If you have the time, skip the to go cup, and enjoy your coffee in their awesome coffee bowls.
- Blue Bottle: Ferry building location. Blue bottle is my favorite iced coffee in the city. While the Ferry Building can get kind of touristy, it is well worth the wait to enjoy your drink with a view of the bay. Get the New Orleans iced coffee and it will rock your world.
- Le Marais: This is a new bakery and coffee shop on Chestnut and they serve one of my favorites: Stumptown coffee. I also love the environment here, great place for brunch with friends, or dessert and coffee for 1.
- Saint Frank: This used to be my “Work from home” location of choice. Really clean interior, free wifi, the staff is super friendly and the environment is great. They make their own Macademia nut milk which is one of my favorites, along with a seasonal latte which never seises to amaze me. Top it off with one of their delicious sea salt chocolate chip cookies!
- Red Door Coffee: This place is near the financial district (Minna st. Location) and is one of the best coffee shops I’ve been to. It serves as an art gallery as well so your casual coffee date is automatically more exciting with beautiful exhibits to admire while you sip. They do a great job of rotating the art so it’s always fresh and exciting.
Do you have any 415 favorites for coffee? Please share in the comments below. I’d like to go!