Power Greens Turkey Meatball Soup
Nutritionist // @jenniemiremadi
This Power Greens Turkey Meatball Soup is the perfect meal to keep you warm this winter and help you stay on track with your New Year’s nutrition goals! Packed with protein, fiber, and micronutrients, this soup gives you a nutrient boost and helps keep you full. I love to prep this soup in advance and take it to work with me, or heat it up for a quick and delicious dinner!
Turkey Meatballs Ingredients
- 1 pound ground, organic turkey breast
- 1 cup parsley, chopped and tightly packed
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground, black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Turkey Meatballs Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using your hands, mix ground turkey, parsley, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper in a bowl until combined.
- Form meatballs from turkey mixture and place on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet that has been prepared with olive oil.
- Bake meatballs for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Set aside for use in Power Greens Turkey Meatball Soup.
Makes about 22 meatballs.
Power Greens Turkey Meatball Soup Ingredients
- 1-6 oz. package of pre-washed, organic spinach leaves
- 1-10 oz. package of pre-washed, organic chopped kale
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 32 oz. organic chicken broth (homemade or sodium-free boxed)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups of Turkey Meatballs
- Himalayan pink salt and ground, black pepper to taste.
Power Greens Turkey Meatball Soup Directions
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add broccoli and Brussels sprouts and sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Then, add spinach, kale, parsley, salt and pepper to broccoli-Brussels mixture and sauté until spinach, kale, and parsley are just wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add chicken broth to vegetables and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat, stir lemon juice into soup, and use an immersion blender to
blend soup until it is combined but still chunky. Alternatively, pour soup into a blender and blend on low until soup is combined but still chunky.
- Add Turkey Meatballs to soup and stir to distribute evenly.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour soup into bowls.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Makes approximately 7 1/2 cups of soup.