Strawberry Jalepeño Margarita
This strawberry jalapeno margarita will take your cocktail hour to a whole new level. The surprising kick from infusing your tequila with jalapeno provides depth to the traditional margarita, and fresh strawberries add their own natural sweetness. The flavors in this are so clean and refreshing; you’ll get your margarita fix without a lot of sugar or fillers. Perfect to sip pool, beach, or lakeside with chips and guacamole—salud to summer!
Serves 1 (easily doubled)
Total Time: 10 minutes
- ¼ cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 ½ shots jalapeno infused tequila (recipe below)
- Juice of 1 lime (more or less to taste)
- ½ tablespoon agave or honey (to taste)
- Sea salt and lime zest for the rim of your glass (optional)
- In a blender, blitz together the strawberries, tequila, agave, and lime juice until smooth.
- Combine the salt and lime zest on a plate, coat the rim of your glass with lime juice, and dip into the salt mixture to coat.
- Pour your margarita into your glass over ice. Garnish with a lime wheel if desired. Enjoy!
Jalapeno Infused Tequila
- In a glass jar, combine 2 cups tequila with 1 jalapeno, sliced thinly into rounds.
- Allow this mix to steep at room temperature (out of the sun) for 2-3 hours, or overnight if you want it really spicy.
Strain the tequila and remove the jalapeno. Keep the tequila in your fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Sharing this favorite margarita recipe in honor of Molly’s birthday celebration in Mexico this weekend. Cheers to you Molly My!
Margaritas are one of my favorite summer libations. What are some of yours? Share your favorite recipe in the comments section below.