My Vegan Pea Pesto
Okay, let’s all just admit it now – pesto is the bee’s knees. It pretty much goes with everything, and it’s green, so it’s healthy, right? 😉 Well, not all pesto is “healthy” (unfortunately) so, I figured, why not ease the craving with this modified version? My vegan pea pesto!
Believe it or not, peas paired with these ingredients below taste just like the real deal. With the spring here, and lots of fresh veggies in season, this recipe has been a lifesaver – it’s my new favorite when entertaining because it so easy to whip up, and also delicious as a dip.
Now, let’s not delay any longer, the weekend is near, and you’ll need something to munch on, with or without the company of others, right?
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1/2 cut mint
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes, as garnish
How to make it:
- Pulse all ingredients together in a food processor, or high speed blender. Taste and adjust.
- Serve on warm, crusty bread drizzled with olive oil, and top with red pepper flakes. Also delicious mixed into pasta, in salads, etc.
Do you have a favorite recipe that you’ve modified to fit your tastebuds, or be a bit healthier? I’ll love to try it! Share in the comments section below.