This quick project is an easy day-brightener! These citrus and greenery stamped tea towels will add a touch of color to a kitchen or dining space and are heartfelt gifts to give, especially to all of your artsy friends. Spread some love and much-needed grace this year. You can customize the colors to fit individual styles or use your current décor for inspiration. Our muted pink might be better off in bright purple for you! Next time you realize your fresh citrus went bad, use it as a stamp before throwing it out.
Citrus-and-Greenery-Stamped Tea Towels
- Citrus fruit: lemon, orange, lime, etc.
- Small branch greenery
- Fabric paint
- Paint brushes (easiest if you have one for each color)
- Paper towels for absorbing excess citrus juice
- Flour sack tea towels, pre-washed
- Prepare your painting space and divide paints to be dipped in.
- Cut the fruit in half to create a stamping surface and blot the excess juice with a paper towel.
- Cover the fruit or branch leaves in your paint of choice and gently press onto the towel (be careful not to use an excessive amount of paint).
- Mix and match different colors, fruits, and branch leaves to create a variety of designs.
- Last, hang to dry and display or gift when complete!