In the hot, sticky summer months the last thing you want is your hair clinging to the back of your neck. And while we all still love the messy bun, sometimes you’re looking for something with a bit more style. Enter claw clips, the ’90s staple that has thankfully found its way back into the flow of trend resurgence. We’ve rounded up our favorites to keep your strands in check, plus a go-to up-do tutorial.
This style works best on long hair
- Pull hair into a pony tail at the back of the head.
- Loosen a few places along the head for a messy look.
- Twist pony tail and fold, looping once at the top and once at the bottom.
- Secure the middle of the pony tail with a claw clip over the base of the pony.
- Bump/loosen individual strands for desired messy look.